Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I passed my exam!!!

In order to become a real nurse practitioner and not just a registered nurse with a lot of school debt I had to pass a certification exam. I took that test today and PASSED!!! YEAH!!!! I can't even express how excited I am. When I got my results I called my entire family screaming and did several you-belong-in-a-mental-institution dances in the middle of the University of Utah campus every time I said the words "I passed". Then when I was thinking by myself in my car I just started to sob. This test is the culmination of 9 years of schooling. Right now I feel very validated in all that I have done to get here.
What does this mean now? Well, first it means that I get to dish out a bunch of money to get a Utah State license (which somehow really does seem like an opportunity and privilege), then it means that I can go look for a job with some authority, and hopefully find something that pays me more than I make now and allows me to work normal hours instead of all night shifts (a huge bonus).
I am just so dang excited! I was so nervous about this, I have been praying like crazy and am so grateful that the Lord took such good care of me.
YEAH, Nurse Practitioner!!!

2 comments:

Cheryl and William said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! So thrilled for you! What an amazing feeling- I felt the same way when I got my doctorate. All of that hard work and effort pays off in the end. Way to go!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on passing your certification exam! I will never forget the feelings of passing my original RN and then my NP exam. I recently received other joyous news that I was accepted by the National Health Service Corp's student loan payback. I will continue to work in the same rural office that I've already worked at and will get 50,000 off my student loans. What a huge relief. Stop by my blog sometime and say hello. Cheers!