Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Facebook

So I caved. I joined Facebook. I have been resisting for a very long time, then about a month ago I was sitting in Relief Society, after the announcements someone raised her hand and announced that a new baby had been born in the ward. The woman at the stand replied, "well that was on facebook so I didn't think that I needed to announce it." I sincerely thought that others in the ward would resent that a little, not even the old ladies (70+) were with me. They all had facebook pages and were friends with everyone in the ward.
Seriously, I am more technologically backward than the old people?!?!? It was then that I knew that I couldn't hold out much longer.

Well, I have been spending a lot of time not doing much, I can't move around well enough to make the bed, sweep, mop, vacuum, or put hardly anything away (having your hands full of crutches is very limiting). So I spend a lot more time reading, on the computer, and trying to clean (it took me almost an hour unload the dishwasher, how sad). It was during that, "what am I going to do now" time that I signed up for facebook.

It is not all that I thought that it would be. I didn't realize it was a small-blurb kind of thing. I thought that it would be a little closer to blogs. It is not. It does though connect you to lots of people. I don't know how it does it, but people that I know kept popping up on the right of the screen asking if I wanted to make them my friends. That was cool.

I also like that since I am incredibly slow getting on, I know tons of people and found lots of people pretty fast. There have to be some perks to my tardiness. :)

No comments: