Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Little Mishap

Well, as most of you know, I am the epitome of grace. In fact, I think that I may add my picture to the definition on Wiki.
I have managed to break my right distal fibula by tripping over laundry. I am myself impressed with this feat as it seems nearly impossible to fathom. And yet it is.
For those of you (I imagine most people) who don't know what this is, I have an x-ray (this is not mine, the orthopedic surgeon that I saw had the gall to keep the x-rays that I was given in the ER, ha ha). The fibula is the smaller of the two bones in the lower leg, I broke mine right above where these bones join with the foot bones which means that my ankle currently has little stability.


What that means to me is that I am limited in my ability to do much, I am on crutches for a while. I also am not able to work which leaves me with lots of free time. I thought that this might mean that I would have a really clean house, but it turns out that it is really hard to put things away when both of your hands are always occupied with crutches.


And for all of the curious out there, this is what your foot looks like when you gracefully trip over laundry and break your distal fibula. It swells up and turns all sorts of pretty colors.

On the very bright side, if you happen to be moving furniture that day, your family shows up moving all of said furniture and lets you sit in a chair and supervise. Also, if you happen to be a nurse who is supposed to work Thanksgiving, you get that off. In addition, your very sweet (and sometimes over protective) husband, takes good care of you, doing all of the laundry, dishes, and most other house cleaning.

3 comments:

Cheryl and William said...

OH NO!! I'm so sorry Donna! What a horrible mishap- and over laundry! Well, at least you have time now to rest relax :-) Way to look at the bright side

Heidi said...

Oh Donna! I am not sure that even Thanksgiving off is worth it! Call me if you need entertainment.

Kristin Garrett said...

I love you donna! It's totally a reminder of all the mishaps that have happened on our yearly trip to San Rafael.... like the time you got ran over by your own quad, laid down your motorcycle in the bushes and got terrible leg owies! You, my dear, should not be allowed near a OHV! We need to get together!