Monday, June 15, 2009

I AM FREE!!!

So when I moved into my ward I was called to work in the nursery. It should be noted that my older sister's response to this was to nearly fall off her chair in laughter and exclaim, "What sin did you commit?!?" For anyone that does not know me well enough to know, I do not particularly like children.
Upon beginning my time in the nursery I realized that it wasn't so bad, most of the kids were cute and the leader kept a respectable order (considering the 20 toddlers in the very small room) but a few months ago she was released and replaced with someone that thought that the perfect treat for all of these kids was peeps. (Yes really, those sugar cover marshmallows)
Really.... why not bring in some Mountain Dew and get them really jazzed up???
Anyway, to sum things up, this new leader and I did not exactly see eye to eye on anything. I thought that it was fine to discipline the kids (not beat them, but use the dreaded word 'no') she strongly disagreed.
So yesterday when the primary president pulled me aside and told me that I was being released from nursery it was difficult to curb my enthusiasm. I was so excited that the minute church was over I called my mom to celebrate, and announced my exciting news over dinner so that my whole family could celebrate with me. YEAH!!!!
I AM FREE....I AM FREE!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Wow, telling kids No and not thinking Peeps is a great snack for Nursery - what kind of mother will you be?

Kristin Garrett said...

Ditto Karen! =0) Donna you are seriously awesome!

Unknown said...

Donna, You made this great story, I love it, Thanks for posting...

--
Jhon
Are you scared to be alone at home need security

Cheryl and William said...

hahaha- William is in the nursery now (but not me- I teach the 10/11 yr olds in primary) and every week he has some new funny insight about it but I'm just impressed that he hasn't gone inactive!! :-)