Sunday, June 28, 2009

My 1st Anniversary

I have heard many times that the first year is the hardest. All I can say is that if that is the worst life has for me, bring it on!!!! :)
I really hit the jackpot in my sweet husband. This year has been a ton of fun. We have, of course, had a few conflicts but nothing that would make me say, "wow, that was the hardest year!" Instead I find that I am blissfully happy. I love waking up next to my sweet Gregory, I love that when he gets up ridiculously early (like 5:00) he covers me up and kisses me goodbye and lets me sleep in later. I love that the other day when I came home he came charging up the stairs as soon as he heard me just to hold me. I love that no matter how many times I want to hear about how he loves me he never gets annoyed or tired to saying it.
I told Greg that he was in charge of our anniversary because I planned Valentines Day (that really wasn't fair since Valentines Day is also his birthday). So he got us a reservation at the Tuscany, the restaurant where we were married. It was beautiful. We sat outside in the wonderful evening air and enjoyed each other. There was a wedding that night also, so we watched their wedding and asked if they would be as happy as we are.
I hope that this time next year they look at each other and think, "life, if that is the worst you have, bring it on!"

2 comments:

Kristin Garrett said...

ever heard of murphy's law? Well... =0) JK So I am so glad you found your sweetie Donna! I am glad that you are blissfully happy and hope that you always remain that way!

Unknown said...

Belated Happy first Anniversary!
WOW!... It looks like you guys had a ton of fun.

--
Jhon
Wireless Home Alarm Security Systems