Sunday, August 30, 2009

Blogs

So I saw Julie and Julia tonight, I must say that I recommend it highly. Even my movie-phobic sweetheart was into it, a very rare occurrence. The story was well developed and the actors were all in great, Meryl Streep was really amazing as Julia Child and Amy Adams did a good job keeping up with Meryl's talent.
Really I was reflecting upon this because half of the movie is about Julie blogging about cooking and she gets all excited the first time that she gets a comment which is followed by the realization that if 53 people comment it is likely that a lot more are reading the blog.
I am not dreaming that 53 people read my blog, but I did get some comments that are from someone that I don't know, a Jhon. Who knows, this person may be reading this post right now.
The thing is that the thought that someone else would care enough to read something that I say on the internet is a little amazing to me. I mean really, who am I? I thought that my friends would read it (though there are probably far fewer that do than I would hope) and that my family might care but certainly no one else.
Really I do this for me, to give voice to thoughts, to feel important by posting my pictures, to celebrate victories, to be bigger than I really am.
And yet here I sit tonight whether anyone reads this or not, I am just me, no more important, no bigger. But happy none the less, that someone does read what I have to say, and hopeful that they still will, especially those friends and my family who matter to me most.

2 comments:

Cheryl and William said...

I'm here listening to you now Donna! I had no idea you had a blog until you commented on mine and so I will DEFINITELY be following you and commenting :-) I like you, also blog just for myself to organize our photos and just document the things we do. William's grandparents and aunts all follow our blog religiously and it still surprises me when they comment about something we did awhile ago that I never told them. Keep it up and I will definitely be following- and commenting- on your thoughts!!

Kristin Garrett said...

I catch up on reading blogs about once a week and I can tell you that I feel a thrill of excitement when I see your blog at the top of my blog list, meaning YOU WROTE!!! =0) even though we might not hang out as often as we would both like, I love knowing that I get to hear a little piece of what you were thinking about! Love ya!
Kristin