Friday, January 30, 2009

Growing Up

So I was at my clinical (basically an unpaid internship) seeing patients and doing my thing. I saw a woman whose blood pressure was through the roof and I realized that I could do anything I wanted to do with her. I could send her away, I could admit her to the hospital, I could prescribe pills. It was up to me.
I have known for a long time that I would be a nurse practitioner but it really hit me that it is getting very close. In a very short four months I will graduate. If all goes well I will have passed my licensing exam by the end of the summer and will be working with my own patients by then. That means that I will be able to treat my own patients, write my own prescriptions, and have my own practice very very soon.
Wow, that sounds so grown up!!!

2 comments:

Reba said...

Hey Donna congrats! I go to a nurse practitioner and love her!!

The Ratnayake Family said...

Donna, Congratulations! That is so awsome! Can I call you Dr. Hermana now?!