Monday, January 19, 2009

I am addicted





So I must confess, I have an addiction. I am addicted to HGTV. I love it! I started watching it because I was looking for something clean to watch (that is the great thing about HGTV and the Food Network). Anyway I have come to realize that they have all sorts of great ideas. I particularly enjoy the show Design on a Dime. That is the perfect price tag for me.
That is not the end of my addictions, as I become more interested in decorating I also have become a KSL.com geek. I would highly recommend it to anyone needing almost anything. It is fabulous!
So my addictions got me started thinking about my living room, which really needs a makeover, and I decided to do something about it. I was so excited about the makeover I couldn't sleep. I thought of many different scenerios and various possibilities. Some of the ideas were a little wacky, some were too pricey, a few were good.
So I have started redoing my living room. I have come a long way, I sanded and stained a table that I had, got a cover for my loveseat, bought a great bench and some rugs (from KSL), made a cushion for the bench and some pillows for the loveseat and bench (that was really my mom), painted a wall and the mantel (with help from my sweetheart), stripped sanded and stained the bench that I bought, and then hung some decorations (luckily I had some help from my sister for that)
Though I am not done I do love sitting in my new room and just looking. This morning Greg and I were sitting just looking at the wall we had painted. After a few minutes he thought we needed to get out more, I thought we were admiring a hard days work.

3 comments:

Kristin Garrett said...

haha, I know that feeling! But your room looks cute! Hey, we need to meet up for lunch, we hardly got time to visit because I was rounding up my kids all the time! Love ya, Kristin

Reba said...

You're wall looks great Donna! It was fun seeing you at Amy's shower. Hopefully we can celebrate one for you soon.

Scott & Ember said...

Oh, my gosh! That's awesome! We're so alike in the hgtv/ksl thing it's crazy. You did a great job!